Dr. Wendy Kropid
"Enjoy each class for what it has to offer you in your personal and professional growth."
- PhD in Teaching and Teacher Education (concentration: Reading, Language, & Culture) – University of Arizona, 1999
- MS in Teaching and Teacher Education – University of Arizona, 1994
- BA in English, Secondary Education – Gustavus Adolphus College, 1990
- Teaching across UW-Superior undergraduate and graduate on-campus and distance learning education licensure programs since 1996
- Engaging preservice teachers in curriculum projects for local and state agencies
- Providing professional development workshops for school districts and practicing teachers
In which online programs do you teach?
In my current position I work with all programs, particularly ensuring program compliance with state licensure requirements.
Why did you start teaching?
I first became a high school English teacher because I enjoyed the challenge of making English class interesting, relevant, and engaging to students. I backed into higher education as a graduate student teaching courses, supervising student teachers, and engaging in educational research projects to help pay my way through school. Along the way, I realized that teaching in educator preparation was a path to collaborating with more educators in order to create strong educational practices for the benefit of even more students.
What is the value of this degree?
UW-Superior has a long history of educator preparation, both on-campus and through distance learning, and is well recognized throughout the state and region for high-quality educator preparation. The programs are known for their academic strength, engaged instructors, and up-to-date practices and content. A degree from UW-Superior is appreciated by our students, alumni, and employers alike.
What advice would you give to prospective students?
Enjoy each class for what it has to offer you in your personal and professional growth. Achieving the degree (and possibly new licensure) along the way is icing on the cake that allows you to share your growth with others.